Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Yarn Holder

Mr Bissinger is a handy sort of fellow. Ok, handy isn't the word I want, more like freakin' fabulous at building stuff. I will admit I am slightly bias, but only slightly.  We had talked about him building me a yarn holder in passing. So when Christmas time hit, he asked me what I wanted. Of course I had no idea, but I was drowning in yarn. Originally, I had been storing the skeens in boxes under our bed, believing (I was so naive) that I wouldn't be needing a great deal of room because I would only buy the yarn I needed for whatever project I was working on. Yeah, that lasted all of 3 months.  Needless to say, skeens overfloweth.  We decided the best place for it was on my side of the bed over a console table I use for a night stand that way it could be hidden from view (from the bedroom door), should it be an unorganized mess.  Otherwise it could have taken up the entire wall on the other side of the room. Now THAT was tempting, lol.

So with a few measurements and math, this is what he built:




See? FABULOUS! It fits as snug as a bug in a rug. Of course the picture doesn't show the entire collection of yarn. There are two other boxes (plus more now, this was Christmas), but for pretty picture sake, gotta make it look pretty :-)

There are other projects my wonderful husband has made over the last few months, including a picnic table he constructed with some 2x4s, a hand saw, drill and screws. Almost entirely within a two hour period for our youngest's birthday party.  I'll post that when I get a decent picture of it.

I hope you have a joyful day!

Mrs Bissinger

No comments:

Post a Comment