Saturday, May 30, 2015

Easter dresses for little girls

The girls love it when I make them something. Its a little harder to get them to help, however. Which is kind of ironic considering one of them wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up, or a prima ballerina, ya know which ever. lol!

I tend to use the same pattern for both of them (usually with minor differences, fabric, pockets vs no pockets and the like).  This year I used Simplicity pattern 1382. 

Photo from Pattern Review


I let them pick out their own fabric with the rules it has to be machine washable and appropriate for church/the season.  My step daughter picked out a beautiful fabric, but it wasn't machine washable. Surprise, surprise she wasn't all the keen on hand washing it herself or using her chore money for dry cleaning. So she picked out another.  

Of course, by the time I got the dress done for Miss Moo, she had already gone back to her mom's. I haven't had the chance (when I remember) to get a pic of her in the dress, by the time I remember about a pic she's already at school for the day (and then I completely forget).  She wears it at least once while she's with us for our half of the month.  Maybe now that school is out I will remember to get a pic of the both of them, in their dresses. It will be a fashion show, yeah yeah that's it, a fashion show. 






I LOVE the heart shape in the back. I was REALLY apprehensive about doing it, but it was a lot easier than I imagined it to be.  


My little bare-footed princess

Miss J has a slightly different taste in colors. For the longest time her favorite color was rainbow, because of course rainbow is a color. lol!


I could be wrong but I am pretty sure she liked it :-)

Have a most wonderful day!

Mrs. B

No comments:

Post a Comment