Tuesday, May 3, 2016

King of Hearts costume - Alice in Wonderland

Photo found here 

Miss J's dance studio is performing pieces from the ballet Alice in Wonderland.  I was asked to make the costume for the King of Hearts. Heck YEAH!

Here it is,thus far (please excuse the mess in the background, lol) :

Current width
I used McCalls pattern # M7225 for the basic pattern, but had to adjust for the size of the child who will be wearing it, plus I adjusted the pattern for the collar and the addition of the white borders.

Not too thrilled with the way the sleeves look...
 I need to fix the sleeves, not too thrilled with the way they look.


Miss J looks soooo thrilled, lol!
 The mom of the young man who will be wearing the costume is going to build a frame so it billows out like that of the king's costume of the movie version.  I offered to help her with that and make any needed adjustment to the costume if necessary.  

I'll post a picture of the finished product.  I can't wait to see how it looks on stage! :D I was also tasked with making the costume for the Caterpillar. I'll post it soon. 

Have a most wonderful day!

Mrs. B







No comments:

Post a Comment