Friday, January 31, 2014

Amethyst Square

I have been working on a blanket for one of my daughters for the last few weeks. I had found a blog (though  written a few years ago) that had a crochet-a-long.  A granny square a day for a month.  Let me tell you it's been rather difficult to keep up with the square a day with everything else being accomplished.  I have changed a few of the squares.  I hope she likes it.  I'll be making another one though in a different color scheme for my other daughter.

The first square is called Amethyst Square. You can find the free pattern here. *Edited to add: This is a downloaded pattern through Ravelry, so you will have to join in order to download it.  It is free to join and there are tons of free patterns.*




I used Caron's One Pound in Lilac for the middle and Red Heart Super Size in Aran (gifted to me from my MIL).  The Aran is slightly lighter in weight than the Lilac and in most of them (so far) it hasn't made too much of a difference.  I still need to block them.


I hope you have a fantastic day!

Mrs. Bissinger

No comments:

Post a Comment