Monday, January 27, 2014

Welcome!

Carrot of love, pulled from planter just a few days ago. All I did was clean it up a bit to slice it for a salad and this is what I found - lol!

Welcome! Pull up a chair or a couch and get comfy.  There is freshly brewed coffee in the kitchen or a tea kettle on the stove.  There are so many things to talk about!

First, a little about me.  I am currently a stay at home mom with my youngest in kindergarten and two step kids for half of the month.  I was born and raised in lovely Arizona and currently live on family land which was a dairy many moons ago.  I am spoiled rotten when it comes to space as we have our own little oasis in the city. When we ever move, it will have to be to a horse property or outside the city as it would be so claustrophobic to be in most of the homes being built currently. There are nothing wrong with the homes, necessarily, but when you have been looking out your window for the past 10 years and the first thing you see is an expanse of green instead of your next door neighbor, like I said, one tends to get spoiled.

I have my degree in Secondary Education with emphasis on History and a minor in Political Science. While I am not currently teaching at a school (long story - which I will talk about another time), I do get my teaching fix by teaching a Sunday school class a couple times a month at our church. I also sing in our little choir. Prior to getting my degree, I did back office accounting for a major travel company for 10 years.  I am looking to work, either substituting or accounting until I am ready to go full force into my passion of teaching (again part of that long story).

I have a myriad of interests that include gardening, crocheting, knitting, cooking (including canning), various do-it-yourself projects, and sewing.  It was only with in this past year that I have really gotten into crocheting. My grandmother had taught me how to knit eons ago, though I put it down for years.  My MIL and SIL got me back into knitting (including learning to crochet) and have supported my current yarn obsession.  My mom had taught me how to sew, also eons ago.  Other than various projects around the house, it was only this past year I started creating clothing.  I'll post some of the projects later.  The good ones of course, because the not so good ones are, well, not so good.  They are functional, but not so pretty. :-)  Meh, one can not learn, if they don't fail along the way.

Gardening is another story entirely, I've grown some things with great success, but others have been dismal failures.  Mr Bissinger has a wonderfully green thumb, whereas mine is an odd shade of olive and khaki, think camouflage.  Last spring we built raised beds and found some things to use as raised bed (I'll show those in another post *giggle*) We got off track on the feeding and watering schedule (I thought Mr B had taken care of it and vice versus). So some things flourished and others not so much.

Part of the reasoning for the blog if to keep track of these things and hold myself accountable, not only for the gardening but other projects as well.  The other part is that it may lead to a business. If it does GREAT! If not, no biggie.  On that note, if I endorse any product or service, I do so on my own accord and my opinions expressed are my own. Should I happen to get paid endorsements later on, I will most certainly make that clearly known. However I will not endorse anything that I have not personally tried and are satisfied with said product or service.

I hope you stay around a while and have a cup of coffee or tea (we also have juice or water) with me.

Mrs. Bissinger

No comments:

Post a Comment